Pre-Primary in Dance Class is designed for students aged four to five years of age, while Primary in Dance Class is for students from the age of five years. Both levels offer the opportunity to participate in class awards and examinations.
These syllabi develop students’ physical skills, stamina, creativity, expression and musicality using a range of sounds and musical styles. Set to engaging music, the gentle exercises teach the beginnings of the ballet technique in a creative and fun environment.
In class students, through participation and practice will be able to:
• Articulate parts of the body
• demonstrate awareness of positions of the body
• perform with an awareness of space
• demonstrate control
• demonstrate co-ordination
• demonstrate elevation
• demonstrate use of appropriate movement dynamics
• respond to the elements of music
• perform expressively
• perform a sequence of simple steps to depict a story
• confidently recall the settings.